Thursday, January 26, 2012

the collar issue

Detachable collars are all the rage right now, and I'm for it, except that I find it super difficult to style with. I especially hate it when people style it with jumpsuits or collarless tops. I mean they're good, if you're tall, and probably for editorial or picture-taking, but I find that it would be especially awkward to shop around with a round bib-esque collar around my bare neck when my outfit actually begins at my bust. I think I'm also cutting out the idea of even shopping with another friend who'd wear a detachable collar, I'll probably go like: "Um, are you sure you wanna shop, you know, in that?". Especially horrible if you plan to test on clothes. Or maybe its just because I haven't seen any female walking around in malls in one.

My advice is if you want to go collar-happy, please, for everybody's sake, get one that matches the collar of your top/dress well (if not perfectly), like this dress by MiuMiu, love!






I always love a good look at the details from up close♥♥♥

view more here
Detachable-collar Cady Dress net-a-porter, £1,155


Note reads:
Fashionistas rely on Miu Miu for elegance with a girlish twist, and this blush cady dress perfectly encapsulates the style. The detachable collar, studded in shimmering crystals, beads and faux pearls, will lend a hint of glamour to a sophisticated cocktail look - remove the embellishment and add color-pop accessories for a playful party outfit.

Shown here with: Monica Vinader rings, Yves Saint Laurent ring, Mulberry shoes, Miu Miu bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment