Thursday, May 17, 2012

TB (et. al) Haul #1

beyond the cut!
TAOBAO (et. al) haul #1

Okay so here's my first China items from my store. Ordered a few items for myself and also has quite a bit from customers to share with. I did get some help with ordering. Not sure if they ship out to US/AU or wherever but mine was local. I can ask if you want, the fees are not bad, considering the sort of fees i've noticed on soompi members but may not be so for Western countries. 



Package was about 5kg in total and total shipment cost was under RM100, took about 2 weeks for delivery. Was extended due to some celebrations and like half a week of hols for them. Shipped directly to my place via courier. Inside my package was a bunch of tinier packages ._. they even squished the box meant for my jewelry in there ._. but whatever, nothing broke so :) However! the stores -_- didn't send 3 pieces i ordered. and sent instead this weird dress I never ordered ._. i got refund for 2 pieces though. The last piece was only RMB10 and i need to pay intl. shipment back to China before I can get the piece that is RM10 i ordered. So... nvm I'll just sell that dress away ._.

Please remember to read my rating system under the Taiwan Haul #2 for a bit of help on how I rate. Remember even a rating of one single heart or even 1/10 is still wearable for me. Only worry when I label it 0/10. Remember that I am VERY critical on clothes. I benchmark them on retail/off-the shelf items.

Item 1: Pleated Skirt with Belt (柠檬裤兜 夏季新款学院风复古高腰松紧雪纺百褶裙半身裙 4色) - (NAVY BLUE)

Stock Pics



My Pics








store rep:
store/item rating: 4.4
item link: (expired)
Price: RMB27 (excluding shipment)
keywords: 复古高腰松紧雪纺百褶裙学院风 or 复古高腰松紧雪纺百褶裙半身裙

Verdict: Material is your typical pleated chiffon skirt. Not as sturdy/expensive looking as stock photo. Looks pretty close to stock pics, needs to be ironed to look a bit better. Actually better than some pics of the actual stock that i've seen given by some other stores. I almost died when I found them after I ordered and was like "Oh nooo, it's going.to.be.bad. But it wasn't so.. :) Of course its not the same quality as the one in the stock photos, those are probably going to cost you at least double or so of this price.

Rating:
5.5/10
♥♥♥♥♥

Item 2: Floral Surprise Contrast Skirt (柠檬裤兜 分量十足哦 百搭立体玫瑰花半身裙 2色) - (APRICOT CREAM)

Stock Image



My Pics



closeup


not my item so x modeled.

store rep:
store/item rating: 4.4
item link: (expired) 
Price: RMB27 (excluding shipment)
keywords: 分量十足哦 百搭立体玫瑰花半身裙 or  for less words- (百搭立体玫瑰花半身裙)

Verdict: Material is a little stiff.  Don't expect much flow with this skirt. The buds of the flowers also aren't as prominent as stock photo, perhaps due to being squished in the package (see above). Not too short in length so its fine.

Rating:
4.5/10
♥♥♥♥♥

Item 3: Pearl Edged Lace Collar Blouse (2012春夏装新款 韩版 珍珠领 耸肩 泡泡袖 蕾丝卷边 短袖 雪纺衫) - (SEAFOAM)

Stock Image




My Pics


not my item so x modeled.

store rep:
store/item rating: 4.4
item link: click
Price: RMB36 (excluding shipment)
keywords: 韩 珍珠领 泡泡袖 蕾丝 短袖 雪纺衫 (can be reduced)

Verdict: This was definitely (IMO) the worst piece in the lot. The pearls around the edges are actually TOO heavy for the lace to hold so its floppy and flimsy. Not exactly cheap either (compared to some other stuff that I got this round vs. the price). When I opened the package to check if the store sent the right items, one pearl fell out ._. One side of the thread came out loose!!! My mom sewed it back and told me "one pearl is till missing" um.. ok.

This however, does look good worn (seen on friend) the appearance doesn't look so obvious onced its tucked in and the bust area is pretty snug and tight. The collar is also fine as it doesn't flop around once its worn. Only problem? This does not look as snug and expensive as stock photo.

Rating:
4/10
♥♥♥♥♥

Item 4: Make a Wish Necklace (欧美复古Make a wish许愿锁骨金色项链米莎巴顿Dogeared同款特价)-(HEART & CROSS)

Stock Image





My Pics





store rep:
store/item rating: 4.8
item link: click
Price: RMB16 (excluding shipment)
keywords: "make a wish 项链" or "dogeared make a wish"

Verdict: Got 2 pieces. Apart from being smaller than I'd originally thought, its fine. I like the cardboard piece that the necklaces were attached on though, its shiny/has that book cover texture where the image is imprinted. This came with a free gift (candy) so I passed it along to the buyer. This shop has very true to pics items.

Rating:
5.5/10
♥♥♥♥

Item 4: Pretty Prints Hair Ties (特价甜美时尚可爱碎花条纹波点发圈发绳发饰2012新日韩风)

Stock Image



My Pics



store rep:
store/item rating: 4.8
item link: click
Price: RMB9 (excluding shipment)
keywords: -

Verdict: hair tie appears smaller in real. Love the prints though The store did give a free sticker as well :)

Rating:
5/10
♥♥♥♥♥

Item 5: Pearl Snowflake Ring (日韩风可爱时尚白色珍珠水钻雪花金色开口戒指)

Stock Image



My Pics



store rep:
store/item rating: 4.8
item link: click
Price: RMB23 (excluding shipment)
keywords: -

Verdict: A tad small but I got them because I love snowflake stuff and I couldn't source this particular one anywhere else on Taobao. The pearl ones are no longer available but the diamante ones still are.

Rating:
6.5/10
♥♥♥♥♥

Item 6: Lace Crochet Shorts (2012春夏新款女韩版性感蕾丝打底裙裤短裤下摆钩花蕾丝热裤不包邮) - (BLACK)

Stock Image



My Pics





Modeled





store rep:
store/item rating: 4.6
item link: click
Price: RMB49 (excluding shipment)
keywords: -

Verdict: Material is ok, lace is soft although the bottom crochet area is harder material. The shorts have lining but the lining is not attached to the laced part of the shorts. They are however, sewn together, but only at the top area as illustrated in the second picture. Seeing that this is only 4.6 rating, you'll probably get better quali for a 4.7 item. Got an S size after thinking if I should get a S or M finally got S because if they were M, the hip area will be WAY TOO BIG. and I was right. it fits :)

Rating:
7/10
♥♥♥♥♥

Item 7: Velvet Sleeveless Dress (莎白~2012新款 高雅百搭纯色丝绒打底连身裙 393) -  (RED & BLACK)

Stock Image




My Pics





Modeled





store rep:
store/item rating: 4.5
item link: expired
Price: RMB29 (excluding shipment)
keywords:新款 高雅百搭纯色丝绒打底连身裙 or 纯色 丝绒 连身裙 or 丝绒 连身裙 (works fine too)

Verdict: This dress is pretty darn famous. Loads of people are getting them off taobao etc.. Decided to get the black for myself too and this was def worth it. Its not like everyday you find a dress less than RM 20 for yourself :) Although slightly loose at the bust, its fine I don't really mind :) The dress actually has a bit of sheen. It just appears to be a tad too matte on camera. Red belongs to a friend in case anyone's asking. I had to take out every single piece of item shipped to see if the stores sent me all my orders.

Rating:
8/10
♥♥♥♥

Item 8: Scalloped Loose Cami (莎白2012春装新款 夏天必备超薄雪纺花瓣 波浪百搭小背心 多色441) - (WATERMELON & APRICOT)

Stock Image





My Pics





Modeled



store rep:
store/item rating: 4.5
item link: expired
Price: RMB15 (excluding shipment)
keywords: 花瓣 波浪 雪纺 背心

Verdict: Before anyone buys this, please note that this top is sheer (not much a big problem) but its also very loose.  The apricot was also not very true. I initially thought it'll appear more nude as in the pics. Although the top looks white in my pics,it actually has a tint of beige/cream.

Rating:
4.5/10
♥♥♥♥♥

Item 9: Wool Blend Skirt (毛线半身裙打底裙针织短裙秋冬包臀裙A字裙子新款春装 119) - (BLACK)

Stock Image



My Pics



Modeled



store rep:
store/item rating: 4.5
item link: expired
Price: RMB28 (excluding shipment)
keywords: 毛线半身裙打底裙针织短裙 臀裙裙子

Verdict: This skirt is lovely! Super stretchy and its body hugging. Another buyer got this other skirt that was about 7RMB cheaper but it was made of polyester and the lines were not aligned properly.

Rating:
6.5/10
♥♥♥♥♥

Item 10: Leopard Print Belt

Stock Image



My Pics





store rep:
store/item rating: 4.4
item link: click
Price: RMB12 (excluding shipment)
keywords: "mugu 韩版 百搭 小小蝴蝶结细腰带" or " mugu 蝴蝶结腰带"

Verdict: Belt is okay. Didn't actually LOVE it entirely but then again,RMB 7.

Rating:
5/10
♥♥♥♥♥

Item 11: Stretch Tunic Dress(特价必备款人手一件 三色百搭漩纹背心) - (BLACK)

Stock Image



My Pics



Modeled





store rep:
store/item rating: 4.4
item link: expired
Price: RMB16 (excluding shipment)
keywords: "特价必备款人手一件 三色百搭漩纹背心" or "三色百搭漩纹背心"

Verdict: Although stock pics show as if this dress is ribbed, its actually not. Its actually spandex-like and the lines are just part of the design. Also initially thought that this would have to work as a long top but it'll actually work as a dress for my height :) Remember, this is NOT ribbed nor is it cotton.

Rating:
5/10
♥♥♥♥♥

Item 12: Lace Back Blouse [8578 韩版透明镂空蕾丝拼接前短后长雪纺衬衫(黑色)] -(BLACK)

Stock Image



My Pics







Modeled







store rep: n/a
store/item rating: n/a
item link: enquire within
Price: RMB49 (excluding shipment)
keywords: "8578 韩版 镂空蕾丝 雪纺衫"

Verdict: Item not from Taobao.Clearly imitations of Eyescream. Cheaper than paying RM70 for the same item shipped from Taiwan. I placed the Apricot Scalloped Cami under the top to show the details on this blouse. Modeled pics to show shoulder detail and also sleeve detail. Looks pretty much like the Eyescream one although the details are actually not the same. Refer my front shoulder detail with this here although it does have the arc and circle details. Colour is black, although my first pic comes off as grey.

Rating:
7/10
♥♥♥♥♥

Item 13: Spangle Sequin Blouse (L601 珠片领亮片小翻领娃娃领泡泡袖女雪纺衬衫) - (PINK)

Stock Image



My Pics





Modeled





store rep: n/a
store/item rating: n/a
item link: enquire within
Price: RMB55 (excluding shipment)
keywords: "亮片 领 娃娃 雪纺 衫"

Verdict: Item not from Taobao but can be found there. Sequin is sewn on a thin layer of black mesh, which makes the sequins stand out. Looks alright despite being loose (as usual).

Rating:
7/10
♥♥♥♥♥

Item 14: Black Drawstring Frock

My Pics



Detail



store rep:
store/item rating: 4.5
item link: n/a
Price: n/a
keywords: n/a

Verdict: You're all probably wondering why I know nothing about this dress when I clearly had them. This was the piece that was not ordered by me and sent to me. Can you imagine I paid shipment for this ._. Its obvious its pretty heavy. Cotton also. Don't fancy this, doesn't suit my body type. 1. at the bum, its got a flare and 2. my shoulders are too small/slender for it. The straps drop down easily. ._. Selling this, if anyone wants this email me.

Rating:
5/10
♥♥♥♥♥

Other items from this order (no pictures taken)

Slim Skirt (2012春装新款 糖果色 百搭修身层层包臀裙 短裙 456) - (ROSE RED)


item link: expired
Price: RMB20
keywords: "百搭修身层层包臀裙 短裙"

Verdict: this was the skirt I meant that was a little unaligned. Material is a bit like polyester, not wool nor cotton. Should work fine though if you ignore that fact.

Basic Sequin Tank Dress (2012春装新款 璀璨小亮片裙摆 打底背心裙连衣裙) - (BLACK)


item link: expired
Price: RMB28
keywords: "璀璨小亮片裙摆 打底背心裙连衣裙"

Verdict: Love the spangle on this. Because the sequins are on black mesh, the contrast isn't too deep since the dress is black as well. A little scratchy at the sequin area.

Sequin Pleated Dress(2012春夏最新款 亮片无袖雪纺百褶连衣裙) - (CREAM)


item link: click
Price: RMB36
keywords: "亮片无袖雪纺百褶连衣裙" (limit yourself to RMB50 if possible for better results)

Verdict: this dress is actually much much more well, "shiny" in real because of the black mesh that's layered under. Would be a better choice to choose the black dress and not cream because black against the white makes the sequins pop out more than usual. A bit too sparkly even for daytime unless you're an attention seeker sort. Sequin area is also a little rough.

Denim Tulle Dress (2012牛仔拼接网纱连衣裙夏季铆钉抹胸裙裹胸长裙绝美水晶钉珠)


item link: click
Price: RMB46
keywords: "牛仔拼接网纱连衣裙夏季铆钉抹胸裙裹胸长裙绝美水晶钉珠"

Verdict: Denim is soft, not like owned jeans. Tulle skirt area is not soft,its actually a little hard and the studded area are stick-ons tiny silver embellishments, don't mistake them for studs.

Sunny Lace Top (2012夏装新款 甜美 蕾丝钩花领 雪纺背心)


item link: expired
Price: RMB46
keywords: "夏装新款 甜美 蕾丝钩花领 雪纺背心"

Verdict: Lovely color. Pity the lace is floppy, used cheap lace, but if you're willing to forgo the bad aspect of the lace, then its pretty much alright. This picture is definitely not what you'll be getting, I originally thought that the lace will be alright. The lace in the stock picture is def very nice.

Mesh Glitter Top (亮丝泡泡袖 T恤) - (BLUE)


item link: expired
Price: RMB22
keywords: "亮丝泡泡袖 T恤" available in long/short sleeve

Verdict: This is actually a pretty decent piece for such a cheap price. Not translucent at the bust area,just sheer at the arms.
(all reviews for these items stand at 4.4 and 4.5 rating)

Items that didn't arrive



高雅百搭纯色丝绒打底连身裙(NAVY BLUE) - RMB29


春夏新款性感亲肤百搭打底欧美风露背吊带连衣裙 (BLACK) - RMB12


2012春夏新款ALU 原单长款7分袖蕾丝薄外套 (BLACK) - RMB32

Would have loved to see them in real though, they look like quite decent pieces.

Basic Info:


Height 159-160cm
B: 31"
W 26"
H 34"

2 comments:

  1. I would like to order pleated skirt on ebay. Isn't too short?? I would wear it to work. You look amazing in spangle sequin blouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I guess it really depends on your height. I'm at 159cm and it lands just slightly above my knees. My best guess is to compare the measurements between the ones given on ebay and (any) from taobao and see if there is a difference in their length measurement. They're usually pretty accurate on the length. If there is a difference though, stick with the shorter measurement cause sometimes the sellers like to jack up the length by about 3-4cm, no idea why.

      tip: try to compare the skirt that is relatively cheaper on taobao(when converted to your currency). meaning if the skirt on ebay is about USD 5-8, they're probably only about USD 3-4 (or less!) on taobao (once you've convert them back in your currency) since ebay has a tendency to sell/charge higher for their china-based items.

      Delete